AFTER SCHOOL CENTER FOR THE RURAL CHILDREN
AFTER SCHOOL CENTER FOR THE RURAL CHILDREN
The project is titled ‘The green school’. The school education seems to be inadequate when it comes to the overall personality development of the Child. The objective is to develop the holistic personality of the children through engaging them in music, dance, art, language and other co-curricular activities. The volunteers will assist in conducting and implementing a wide variety of chosen workshops such as dance, music, drama, art, culture, writing, folk and ancestral pride, language classes and many more.
VOLUNTEER WORK ACTIVITIES
• Working on “School-after-School” and “Syllabi-Ahead-of-School- Syllabi” concept
• Fill the learning gaps of the government school going children.
• Help teaching the techniques of recycling and managing the organic and non-organic waste and converting their kitchen waste into organic manure for their kitchen gardens.
• Help in training in the traditional musical instruments like Dhol, Damaun, Ranasingha, Daunra, Thali, Hudka, etc., so that the cultural aspect of our life is preserved for generations to come.
• Life-skills taught to the local women by engaging them in the traditional organic agriculture and horticulture, crafts like basket making, spinning the wool, making designer woolen sweaters, multiple handloom activities, making traditional and organic farming productive and beneficial, poultry, animal husbandry, milk products, etc.
Duration- The minimum required time to volunteer within our ‘English Teaching Project’ is 1 week to the 4-week maximum. You can extend your project duration upto 4 weeks more depending on the availibility.
Qualification - Volunteers must participate in this program with an open mind, giving heart, and flexibility to work with different age ranges of children.
Visa type - You will need the tourist Visa for this program.
Start dates- The program is open throughout the year except for the month of June.
Joining dates- We are flexible with your arrival on any given day but it is always advisable to join the project from Monday.
Volunteering hours/days- 5 days a week- Monday to Friday , 4-5 hours a day.
• Participate in our daily activities such as cooking, Hindi class, and Village walks.
• Help with your travel plan.
• Program orientation.
• Accommodation (sharing).
• 3 delicious organic vegetarian meals, morning, afternoon & evening tea with snacks.
• Placement and assistance in work area.
• Village walk & participation in the local festival, if given in the time period.
• Visa/ Visa fees
• Travel / Health / Life Insurance
• Other than mentioned in the included section
Fees & Date:
WHY CHOOSE HIMALAYAN CULTURAL EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITIES?We have years of experience of organizing volunteering programs where you can choose your own start and end date. You will experience worthwhile and fulfilling volunteer projects serving our local community. We have full-time attendants close by in our volunteer placements.
WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR VOLUNTEERING?Although volunteering is a great way to give your time, it does come at a cost in order for you to experience a hassle-free volunteering project. Your fees will help cover the cost of paying your homestay owner, other staff (attendants & cook) along with accommodating you with a safe, comfortable living environment; which include daily amenities, two meals a day, and internet access. A partial sum of your fee will also help our programs continue to run and help the children we serve.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCES, SPECIAL SKILLS TO BE A VOLUNTEER WITH YOU?No, you don't need any special skills. We are happy to welcome everyone that is enthusiastic and driven to help other people. It's necessary to speak English since it is the language we use to communicate, but it's perfectly fine if English is your second language. You'll also be able to improve your level of English here, as you'll be speaking it constantly.
WHERE SHALL I STAY AND ENJOY MY MEALS?You shall be staying with a host family. The meals are provided at the family house. Since the center is located close by so you would not need any local transport. The family has been hosting our volunteers for a long time and they are quite experienced in hosting international guests.
HOW SAFE IS IT?
At Himalayan Cultural Exchange Opportunities we make safety a high priority for each and every volunteer and staff member that join our program. Please trust that we have extensive experience in caring and protecting all of our volunteers. This includes safety within the house, transportation provided if needed, safety at the program locations, and any emergencies assistance that may arise. We do not conduct any program that could in any possible way jeopardize the safety of any volunteer or staff member. We have had hundreds of volunteers within the age group of 16-65 years of age, with no miss-happening to anyone in our program. We ask that you join our program with adherence to the set rules and respect them appropriately for your own and others personal safety.